Friday, April 29, 2011

MFW 2011- Songzio

What can I say that has not already been said about Songzio.
It was already presented in Paris Fashion Week to rave reviews. (Brilliant photos on that site btw.)

The styling when presented here, was of course, very different. The cutest hats, where one had to wonder, could the models even see?

And it received nothing less than kowtows in Singapore during its showcase during Men's Fashion Week in Singapore as well. And no wonder.

My impression: A sexy take on the modern urban male samurai warrior. *rawr*

Me likes.

And I shall start with my favourite part of the show first- the slash of red.



Scarlet surprise.




Only three outfits in the whole collection, lent a daring dash of of color to the collection. A punctuation mark, if you will, to excite and make people sit up. It was deliberate. It was well timed, and most certainly, well rendered.




The collection started with this:





Sharp, witty lines were the perfect culmination of geometry and fluidity.



It was as if Brauhaus precision had a one night stand with a panther.
And it showed in the enigmatic outfits, even with the way the models stalked and slinked down the catwalk.



I liked this next pleather look...






The bag. I totally can imagine carrying.


Huge and practical. Though I'm sure it would make my ass look big.



I loved the oriental twists to the collection.



*sara got distracted by moobies*



But I loved how everything looked like it would fit in on the streets of London, and yet, had a young fresh look about it.


The obi-like belts were almost like cummerbands that accentuated the core of the male physique. Even though they looked like corsetry, it did not emasculate at all, and instead, heightened the strength of the man for me. It reminded me of Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.






I just loved this look. I love the way the collar stands, very practical might I add, in the blustery winds.





Very practical. But pretty parka.




I loved the visual texture of this look.



His hottie Highness- Philip Huang


Rocking the Bieber hair btw.


Hubba hubba come to mama...

What is it about the Justin Bieber experience that gets girls weak in the knees?








The "Best Designer in Korea" takes a well-deserved bow.



What I like about the collection- how everything is fluid and soft and tactile, and yet maintains its masculinity. Its.. well. Fuckable.





BTW. I want those hats. For my bad hair/face days. They look like the perfect hide-all-sins accessory.


No comments:

Post a Comment