Monday, December 30, 2013

The beats to my 2013

This year... has been SO incredibly strange for me. The highest of highs, and the lowest of lows all at the same time.

If I had to write even about the last 2 months of my life for a movie, most people would probably think I made it all up. But... nope.

My life has always been full of drama.. totally weird.

Early this year, a random thing was said to me by someone who reads faces - he that there would be 3 princes in my life this year who would bring me luck, wealth, and love.

This year alone... BAM. I met 3 princes and 1 princess.

BIZARRE right?

That's just where it starts.

A a good friend, who imho is a prince among men both in word and deed,  brought me a lot of luck I think. For the first time this year, I actually bought 4D. Just once! With a miserly $2. We both it based on a combination of our birthdates and whaddya know.... WE WON!

And then.. I won my company D & D's top prize at the beginning of the year - two tickets to Hong Kong, put to good use when I went up with my mom and sis for my sister's birthday.

And I also won a beautiful bag in Jan... from TheFashionheadlines.com





I don't know... if he was the one that brought me wealth or luck. Maybe both.

But... either way, he definitely has been a blessing in my life. Being a good friend at the strangest of times. And for that... I am infinitely grateful.

I've had lots of wonderful blessings this year....

And I also met lots of wonderful people...

People that I know will stay in my life. And I would want to keep them in my life too. Like my Bali Bff! And other pals I've met from so many places, on twitter, insta.. everywhere really.

I've drawn closer to some. Further from some. Made up with some... and I've also lost a few friends along the way.

The beauty of life, is that we live and learn. We grow.

I've come to know that though I've worked hard, and I've done well in my new role... that my heart cries out to present or host. It's what... I felt most myself doing. And.. to have this year to really find that out... was a blessing in itself.

I almost gave up everything just to do that this year.. But I felt that it was not my time yet.

How I am going to get doing what I truly want again... I am not sure. But.. I think God is working on it. This was a year that I really got the sense that... even when things felt like they were falling apart.... bigger and better things, were actually falling together.

This year, was also the year where I met Hammy. A fellow unicorn I stumbled upon. A shooting star that came through my life, blazed a trail.. and left.

2013 has also for some reason been fraught with a lot of health problems. I usually am pretty much the proverbial ox. But this year, perhaps, maybe because my new role at work has kept me more desk-bound than usual.. strangely I have succumbed more to small ills and office spread type viruses than typical.

And then there was the big one. The one that hit me out of nowhere and made me sit back and take stock of my life. And that was just... well... barely a week ago.

It's really made me rethink the health is wealth cliche.

So many, many lessons in life this 2013 ... but I always say.... my life always has a soundtrack...

I think music is a need for me.

It all starts with the rise and fall of our breath, the beating of our hearts - they all follow a rhythm. And music will always be in my blood.

So.. Here were the 10 most significant songs in my life this year. My life in song I guess.

#10 

The song that made me feel like someone sliced into me, and exposed my insides, and captured my soul in a haunting melody

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go





#9

My psych-me-up song.

On Twitter, I actually put it as David Guetta's Titanium.
Stone-hard, machine guns
Firing at the ones who run..

I put it on play when I needed to feel... bulletproof.



But that is a 2012 song. In actuality - this was a tie for me. And another song made me feel the same way, and put me in the same mood.

Can you guess what it is from the lyrics?


Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero







#8 

My K-pop indulgence

I didn't quite know whether to put it as the song that really got me hooked ... or the new song that was stuck in my head.

On Twitter, No 8 was the one that got me hooked... So here it is:




I really started getting into K-pop maybe... only last year... and it's been nothing but FANTASTIC BABY!

#7

The song that got me through a lot. Including an op. No kid. I got the nurses in surgery to play this for me and I was tapping my toes all the way. Heh. 

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone

And love is a prize

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I

Didn't know I was lost




#6

When the memories flood my brain...

There is a reason why I chose Miley's version. For some reason - the way she sang it. Conveyed how I felt. Don't get me wrong, I loved Lana's version as well. But... Wrecking Ball... Could have easily replaced this #emo #feels song too.

But we all know how I like to take off and drive when I am ....... thinking.


Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know
That, baby, you're the best

I got my red dress on tonight
Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big beauty queen style
High heels off, I'm feeling alive

Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore

I think I'll miss you forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky
Later's better than never
Even if you're gone I'm gonna drive (drive, drive)




#5

Because I'm an insomniac. And because... 
"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"

I've felt for a long time, that that is the way love should feel. That when I am truly in love... it will feel like it can kill me.

I am a person of passions. And my person, whoever that may be, must be a passion of mine.


Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars



#4

For the times I needed a groovy tune...

Like the legend of the phoenix
All ends with beginnings
What keeps the planet spinning (uh)

The force of love beginning




#3

When I remembered those I loved and lost...

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way

I want you to stay

Couldn't figure which version I liked better, Rihanna's or 30secs. So here is both.





#2

Because... I do remember everyday I spend with those who are precious to me. 

I remember everyday 收藏的笑与泪
都是我们爱过恨过疯过的纪念
I remember everyday
在你离开我的那一天
没有遗憾记住了永远

I remember everyday 写下的每一页
都是我们 最爱的 最恨的 最疯狂 最想念
I remember everyday
在我想起你的这一天
手紧握着知足的眼泪
忘了遗憾记住了永远





# 1 

The soundtrack of Sara's 2013. Without a doubt, this sums up my year, in one catchy song.


High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?





So there we are folks.

My 2013 in a musical nutshell.

Music, really has so much power to make us think. Feel. It brings us back to certain times and places in our lives. It can bring tears to our eyes.

At the end of the day....

We all do whatever we must to feel alive.



To all of you out there, as always, I wish you Happiness, Health and Love.

May 2014 be a blessed one for you.


xx
sara

No comments:

Post a Comment