Thursday, March 27, 2014

Porcelain..


I used to love this song.

Haunting melody. And it was around the time I met him too. Cool dude, a bit of a introverted poetic genius type. We talked about love. Life. And for some reason, I don't know why I can't seem to find it, but I remember him talking about his pole-dancing wife. But it was all so long ago.. so details are a bit fuzzy.

I'm sure he does not remember me at all. But when we talked about this song, he said something that he repeated in interviews...

That this song was about him breaking up with a woman he really loved, but who he never had business getting involved with in the first place.

Whenever I listened to it after, I could hear it. The pain in his vocals, that while raw and unpolished, rang true and truthful to his pain.


"Porcelain"
In my dreams I'm dying all the time
As I wake its kaleidoscopic mind
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
So this is goodbye
This is goodbye

Tell the truth you never wanted me
Tell me

In my dreams I'm jealous all the time
As I wake I'm going out of my mind
Going out of my mind




This is goodbye...

*curtsy*

xx
sara

No comments:

Post a Comment