Saturday, March 29, 2014

Home alone. ...

Shrouded in silence.  Wrapped in solitude. On the comfort of my couch.

I have forgotten how lovely it can be to be alone. To enjoy time by myself.

Whenever I was away from home,  I seldom thought about it. How I was alone. Perhaps,  I took it for granted. Perhaps, on extended periods, it started to feel lonely.

Strangely, I have felt more lonely when surrounded by people. Lost in a crowd. Feeling out of place.

Maybe it's a sign of growing up. Getting  used to the peace. Not feeling the need to fill it with noise.. to do something.. talk to friends on whatsapp... blast out my thoughts on social media.. head out with pals for a drink...

No. I am... enjoying the dark.

No need for the background noise of the TV.

Just.. one. At peace with myself. Who I am. Who I hope to be. Choices I've made. Every step that has come to this.

There is no anxiety or fear.. no wondering what could have been, or what will be... there just... is.

I don't think I've ever been this acutely aware of being present.

Being comfortable with who I am.

And for some reason,  I'm actually grateful for this space. This. . gift.

A slice of time all to myself.

It is well with my soul.

*curtsy*
xx
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment