Monday, September 16, 2013

Life is a roller coaster


I feel like.. I've been on an amazing adventure since June. One that was thrilling. Filled with ups and downs. Was exciting. Confusing. Intriguing. Hurting. It healed me as much as it pained me. And I experienced lots of things I never would have expected. Got closer to people I already knew. Met new people whom I'm sure I will still cross paths with.

Everything still feels so surreal I am still having trouble processing what has happened.

Do I know where I belong now? I don't think I do. But what I know for sure, if I ever had any doubt: Home, is where the heart is. It is not a country. It is not a house. It is not a building. It is not a place at all.

It's a feeling. A connection. An emotion. A bond. It's family. Whether it be the one you are born into. Or the one you have chosen for yourself. Or even one that is thrown together by happenstance.

And love. Well. While you don't choose who you are attracted too. Love.. That is a choice.







No comments:

Post a Comment